The organizational structure of IA-FORTH is presented in the figure to the right.
As of March 6, 2019 Director of the Institute is Vassilis Charmandaris. Since June 18, 2021 the Deputy Director is Vasiliki Pavlidou.
The current Scientific Council of the Institute was formed on April 21, 2021 and consists of:
The External Scientific Advisory Committee (ESAC) of IA plays a crucial role in the strategic development of the Institute. Its current members were approved by the GC of FORTH on June 22, 2019 and are:
- Roger Blandford, Professor of Physics, Stanford University (USA)
- Paola Caselli, Director Max-Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics (Germany)
- George Helou, Executive Director IPAC/Caltech (USA)
- Jason Spyromilio, Senior Astronomer, ESO (Germany)
- Michiel Van der Klis, Professor of Astrophysics, Amsterdam University (The Netherlands)
Another version of the organizational structure of IA is available here.